Dad doesn’t actually know any of these people. But they sure have been helpful in getting my head screwed on right about food and cooking.
Thinkers and Do’ers in the Food Revolution
- Michael Pollan – author of In Defense of Food and the book that started Dad thinking about food and not just eating it, The Omnivore’s Dilemma.
- Mark Bittman – author of Food Matters: A Guide to Conscious Eating
- Jaimie Oliver – the Brit that’s conquering America
- Barbara Kingsolver – author of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
- Nina Planck – the Real Food lady
- Jacques Pepin – my gold standard
- Julia Child – gone but not forgotten
- Emeril LaGasse – Mr. Prolific, lots to offer
- Alton Brown – food science can be fun!
- Lydia Bastianich – flavorus maximus
- Rachel Ray – now, this is convenience food!
- Rick Bayless – Chicago Olé
- Martha Stewart – baking, cookies, etc…where does she get the time?! 🙂
- America’s Test Kitchen – TV cooks or media empire? Whatever…their recipes are regularly outstanding!
Amateurs (Doin’ it for the Love of it)