Dad doesn’t actually know any of these people. But they sure have been helpful in getting my head screwed on right about food and cooking. I hope they’ll forgive how I’ve pigeon-holed them….
Thinkers and Do’ers in the Food Revolution
- Michael Pollan – author of In Defense of Food
- Mark Bittman – author of Food Matters
- Jaimie Oliver – the Brit that’s conquering America
- Barbara Kingsolver – author of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
- Nina Planck – the Real Food lady
Cooking Program Hosts (in alphabetical order)
- Jacques Pepin – my gold standard
- Julia Child – gone but not forgotten
- Emeril LaGasse – Mr. Prolific, lots to offer
- Alton Brown – food science can be fun – pasta forever!
- Lydia Bastianich – flavorus maximus
- Rachel Ray – now, this is convenience food!
- Rick Bayless – Chicago Olé
- Martha Stewart – baking, cookies, etc…where does she get the time?!…
Amateurs (Doin’ it for the Love of it)